This watermelon salad is refreshing and fun, just what you need this summer. The crunch of sliced almonds and saltiness from the feta cheese enhances the flavor of the sweet watermelon. Add a bit of couscous to make a hearty stand-alone salad, perfect for a side or main course.
This is also a great lunch jar salad!
Watermelon Couscous Salad
- 8 cups arugula and spinach mix
- 1 cup couscous cooked
- 1/2 cucumber roughly peeled and diced
- 1/4 red onion thinly sliced
- 2 cups watermelon diced
- 1/4 cup sliced almonds toasted
- 1/3 cup feta cheese crumbled
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/8 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- Layer the lettuce, couscous, cucumber, red onion, watermelon, almonds and feta cheese. Whisk the olive oil, red wine vinegar, salt, and pepper together. Pour the dressing over the top of the watermelon salad.