Today I decided I was tired of eating cereal for breakfast and wanted something a bit more decadent. I’ve been buying nectarines by the carton since they are so ripe and delicious this time of year, and I knew I needed to do something with them fast before they get overripe. Making a nectarine granola crisp is a great way to use a bunch of them at one time and get a delicious breakfast… and lunch… and after dinner snack.
I used raspberries in this since they were in my fridge, but you could use blueberries or even rhubarb. I tend to make this often in the summer and like to mix it up. I also like to play with the amount of sugar depending on how sweet the fruit is.
Another awesome plus to this is that it’s gluten-free! My mom doesn’t eat gluten, so if there’s a way to get away with making something gluten-free, I call it a bonus!
Nectarine Granola Crisp
- 9×13 inch baking dish
- 5 nectarines sliced
- 1 pint raspberries
- 1/2 teaspoon corn starch
- 1/2 lemon juiced
- 1/8 cup sugar
- 2 cups of your favorite granola
- 1/2 cup old fashioned oats
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/3 cup melted butter
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Combine the nectarines, raspberries, corn starch, lemon juice, and sugar. Stir this together and place in a 9×13 inch baking dish. Smooth the top down, so the topping will be smooth as well.
- For the crunchy topping, stir together the granola, oats, brown sugar, salt, and butter. Layer this on top of the fruit.
- Bake for 25 – 30 minutes.