Nectarines aren’t the only thing ripe this time of year. Beets are in season and add a boost of flavor and color to any salad.
Roasting beets is super easy and I love adding them to salads. Almost every dinner I have lately has been with some form of beet salad. This nectarine and beet salad is especially tasty and I want to share it with you.
Since it’s the summer and I love eating fruit, my salads are almost all fruit with a handful of spring greens tossed in for good measure. My homemade ranch dressing goes especially well with this salad since it beautifully combines all the sweet, salty, and herby flavors into one bite.
On top of all of that goodness, adding some toasted walnuts just adds that perfect crunch I always seem to be looking for. I like to toast a pan full of walnuts with a bit of sugar and keep it in a baggie in the pantry for salads for the week. I do have to hide them behind the croutons, though, otherwise my husband will eat them all. Love ya, honey!
Nectarine & Beet Salad
- 8 ounces spring lettuce mix
- 3 roasted beets chopped
- 1 nectarine chopped
- 1 pint blueberries
- 1/2 can mandarin oranges drained
- 1/2 cup walnuts toasted
- 1/2 cup croutons if you’re feelin’ the need for dat crunch!
- 1/4 cup Home-made Ranch dressing
- Heat the oven to 350 degrees. Cut the stems off the beets and wrap each one in aluminum foil. Bake for 30 minutes. Cool before cutting.
- Evenly divide the greens between the bowls and layer with the beets, nectarines, blueberries, oranges, walnuts, and croutons. Drizzle with the ranch dressing.