Hot apple cider is the most comforting drink of the holidays. Nothing brings more pleasure than that first sip of hot apples, cinnamon, and spice.
Possibly the best part of the holidays is taking that first sip of cider. The sweet heat travels down your throat to your stomach and promises to keep you warm all season. The second best thing about it is the smell of cooking apple juice and spices that makes your whole home smell like the holidays.
How to make Hot Apple Cider
It couldn’t be simpler to make this delicious drink in the slow cooker. Add everything together and set to low for 8 hours.
- Apple cider
- Cinnamon sticks
- Lemon or Orange juice and peel
It’s perfect for any party or just to have in your fridge for later. Store any leftovers in the juice container in the fridge for up to two weeks.
You might also like Slow-cooked Applesauce.
Let me know how it goes by leaving a comment or posting on Pinterest, Instagram, or Facebook!
Hot Apple Cider
- 1 gallon apple cider or apple juice
- 1 tablespoon whole peppercorns
- 6 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon whole cloves
- 1 tablespoon whole allspice
- 1 orange or lemon juice and peel
- Pour the apple cider or juice in the slow cooker and add the cinnamon sticks, peppercorns, cloves, allspice, the juice from orange or lemon, and peel.
- Set slow cooker to low for 8 hours.